[Mimedefang] Fw: [Sare-users] Spam with numbers in subj and body

Jan-Pieter Cornet johnpc at xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 6 10:41:48 EDT 2006

On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 10:08:56AM -0400, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> me) so it's hard to write a rule for it but something like this would be a
> start:
>
> #KAM NUMBER EMAILS
> header          __KAM_NUMBER1   Subject =~ /\d*/i
> body            __KAM_NUMBER2   /\d{1,6}/
> meta            KAM_NUMBER      ((__KAM_NUMBER1 + __KAM_NUMBER2) >= 2)
> describe        KAM_NUMBER      Silly Number Emails
> score           KAM_NUMBER      0.1

Aargh. It's good you don't write SpamAssassin rules for a living.

Please, anyone: do not use this rule, as it matches _ANY_ email that
has a digit _anywhere_ in the body of the email, which is practically
all emails.

I suggest KAM puts "mastering regular expressions" under his pillow
the next few weeks :)

--
Jan-Pieter Cornet <johnpc at xs4all.nl>
!! Disc lamer: The addressee of this email is not the intended recipient. !!