[Mimedefang] Fw: [Sare-users] Spam with numbers in subj and body

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Tue Jun 6 10:08:56 EDT 2006

Hi Skip:

Yes, others are seeing them sporadically across several servers.  It's been
in discussion mildly on the MIMEDefang list since yesterday evening.

I have inklings they are hotline virus related from one of the email
subjects I got but I have not been able to substantiate that yet.

I haven't seen any unmolested emails (ok I got one and deleted it :-( bad
me) so it's hard to write a rule for it but something like this would be a
start:

#KAM NUMBER EMAILS
header          __KAM_NUMBER1   Subject =~ /\d*/i
body            __KAM_NUMBER2   /\d{1,6}/
meta            KAM_NUMBER      ((__KAM_NUMBER1 + __KAM_NUMBER2) >= 2)
describe        KAM_NUMBER      Silly Number Emails
score           KAM_NUMBER      0.1

Regards,
KAM