File::Scan (was Re: [Mimedefang] Embedded Perl multiplexoronDebian - sarge Error)

Cormack, Ken ken.cormack at roadway.com
Thu Jul 20 11:30:39 EDT 2006

::snip::

> Only reason I had it to begin with was as an extra scanner.
> Call me paranoid, but the cost of two scanners is worth the
> cpu time just to be extra safe.

We killed-off File::Scan several months ago, when it was corrupting PDF
files from some of our production batch jobs, depending upon the encoding
used.

Until the next release, when David officially removes support for
File::Scan, you can still add the following lines (suggested months ago by
David, I believe), to the top of mimedefang-filter, to disable File::Scan in
your installation...

	$Features{"File::Scan"} = 0;
	$Features{"Virus:FileScan"} = 0;
	detect_and_load_perl_modules();