[Mimedefang] Are variables "persistant" or "by email" in mimedefang-filter

Jobst Schmalenbach jobst at barrett.com.au
Wed Jul 19 03:53:56 EDT 2006

On Tue, Jul 18, 2006 at 09:30:18PM -0400, David F. Skoll (dfs at roaringpenguin.com) wrote:
> Jobst Schmalenbach wrote:
>
> > I want to check in "filter_relay()" whether its coming from pur domain,
> > ie whether its SEND OUT and then somehow set a variable to remember this
> > when I get to  "filter()".
>
> It won't work.
>
> I can't think of a plausible example where you *need* to remember
> stuff from filter_{relay,sender,recipient} in filter.  After all,
> all of the information in the earlier functions is available to the
> content-filtering functions.  In your case, just do your check in filter_begin
> and use $RelayAddress.

I thought that I missed something ..... I said that too ;-))

this solves my problem.
thanks

jobst

--
"There are three kinds of lies: Lies, Damn lies, and statistics." - Disraeli

             __, Jobst Schmalenbach, Technical Director
   _ _.--'-n_/   Barrett Consulting Group P/L & The Meditation Room P/L
 -(_)------(_)=  +61 3 9532 7677, POBox 277, Caulfield South, 3162, Australia