[Mimedefang] Stream_by_domain

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed Jan 18 14:08:56 EST 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 11:16, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> > > I may be able to get them.  How well does RHEL 3 handle 50 addresses
> > > bound to one NIC?
> >
> > Linux in general - according to this guy you can get up to 100K IP
> addresses on a single NIC with no problem:
> >
> > http://www.perturb.org/display/entry/708/favicon.ico
>
> I'm at 71 on one single box and never seen or had a problem reported.

There is probably some performance hit related to what else is
on the wire but not enough to matter.  It will end up having to
put the card in promiscuous mode and matching up the addresses
in software.  A switch port will have sorted it out for you
anyway.

What's going to happen to outbound mail being received on
some address as a relay that happens to be addressed to
a domain that you've MX'd and expect to receive on a
different address?  Or is this a 'receive-only' box?

--
 Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com