[Mimedefang] How to Stop 451 4.7.1 Please try again later

Paul Houselander housey at sme-ecom.co.uk
Tue Jan 17 07:04:38 EST 2006

Hi

I relatively new to using mimedefang.

Im having a problem where for some reason mimedefang is failing and mail is
rejected with a 451 4.7.1 Please try again later

Im trying to get to the bottom of what the mimedefang problem is, but in the
meantime I wanted to set it to just accept the mail if there is a problem
(mimedefang is just first line of defence have another system which will
hopefully catch and spam/virus mail)

In sendmail.cf I have

Xmimedefang, S=unix:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock, T=S:5m;R:5m

I thought as I didn't have the F=T flag then mail should just be accepted if
the filter fails?

In my maillog I get these sorts of errors

mimedefang[18858]: mfconnect: No Free Slaves
sendmail[30482]: K0G2RMKQ030482: Milter: connect: host=a.b.c.d,
addr=x.x.x.x, temp failing commands
sendmail[30416]: k0G2RIoU030416: Milter: to=<user at test.com>, reject=451
4.7.1 Please try again later

Has anyone any tips? Im using Fedora Core 2 with mimedefang 2.53

Thanks

Paul