[Mimedefang] Including archetypal filters to include in release?

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Wed Jan 11 14:03:18 EST 2006

In addition to scoring for syntactically invalid Helo like no dots,
or numeric without brackets, we look up the Helo name.  This allows
us to score for syntactically correct names that do not exist.

That test caught this:

> (citims2.info.citibankcards.com [198.160.96.232]) by

The Helo string "citims2.info.citibank.com" is not a valid hostname,
although if you telnet 198.160.96.232 25, that's the name it gives
in the banner.  Anyway it's only mail claiming to be from a bank
with <a ..> links to web pages.  Why should we worry?

Joseph Brennan