[Mimedefang] Including archetypal filters to include in release?

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Tue Jan 10 01:23:43 EST 2006

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com wrote:

>Matthew.van.Eerde wrote:
>
>If you want to have a full-on layered permissions scheme (where the action applies to the smallest containing subnet) you could store a more complicated hash...
>
>[snip]

I thought about all of this, by the way...  And then remembered that
some networks are made of two or more adjacent CIDR blocks, but of
unequal size, or not aligned (mergeable).  Look at:

   '212.145.160.0/21'  => 'REJECT',
   '212.145.192.0/20'  => 'REJECT',

for example.  That is actually the range 212.145.160.0 - 212.145.223.0.

So Patricia wouldn't work in this case.

-Philip