[Mimedefang] Including archetypal filters to include in release?

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Tue Jan 10 00:34:41 EST 2006

Matt Selsky wrote:

>>If you want to have a full-on layered permissions scheme (where the action applies to the smallest containing subnet) you could store a more complicated hash...
>>

>You could also use a Patricia trie to find the smallest matching
>network.
>
>See http://search.cpan.org/~plonka/Net-Patricia-1.014/

That's handy... except that it does add a package dependency that wasn't
there
before...

I remember Patricia...  It's in the Sedgewick book...

Looking at the code, it's a little hinky...  Or it's been too long since
I had to write
an .xs stub.  What's up with the "constant" function, and why not just use
isalpha()?  Also, "errno" is only ever EINVAL, since the flow always ends up
assigning "errno = EINVAL; return 0;".  The code in not_there: is
unreachable;
and there's no default case for the "switch", and not of the labels in
the switch
do anything but "break" anyway... so the whole "switch" is a no-op...

How does constant() get called?

-Philip