[Mimedefang] OT: Better file transfer system?

Dmitry Sorokin dimon at intellinet.ca
Mon Feb 27 11:11:49 EST 2006

Quoting Kenneth Porter <shiva at sewingwitch.com>:

> The discussion of grey listing and "critical email" reminds me that email
> is used a lot as a B2B file transfer system. At least, it gets used that
> way a lot by my company and its partners.
>
> What better alternatives are available?

I would suggest some kind of CRM. vTiger looks good. It has a lot of
functionality, and one of them is file sharing. You can create users, assign to
them different roles and give permissions to those roles to access specific
shared files/folders. Maybe there are better web based systems to manage shared
files, I just didn't look specifically for that. But the idea is the same: use
web based portal-like system with access control to upload and share files.

Hope that helps,
Dmitry