[Mimedefang] action_replace_with_url problem - some progress

Rolf rolf at ses.tas.gov.au
Mon Dec 18 02:06:06 EST 2006

After sending this I realised that the defang user needs to write to
$doc_root. Which it couldn't.  It now can and indeed a file with the
sha1 hash as expected and of the correct size has been created.

But the email wasn't modified.  And the downstream mail server
received (and rejected due to its size) the original message.

So suggestions still appreciated.

thank you

r.

> I'm wondering if there is some trick to using the above function.
>
> Using 2.51.  I have used it exactly as shown in the mimedefang-
> filter man page, in sub filter.  I have surrounding code has what I
> presume are irrelevant refinements, that of matching against a list
> of recipients that are permitted to receive msgs over the
> prescribed size.
>
> I have placed logging (by writing comments to a file) around the
> code and immediately before calling action_replace_with_url  that
> logging writes a marker to a file and indeed that happens.  Next
> line in the filter is the function but it does not do anything.
> Nothing in the mimdefang logs to indicate the msg has been changed.
>
> Does the function not affect delivery?  right at the end of sub
> filter there is return action_accept().  Is that relevant?
>
> Sorry I'm a bit lacking the specifics but any pointers gratefully
> received
>
> thanks
>
> r.

This message may contain confidential information which is intended only for the individual named.
If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this email.
Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake and delete this email from your system.
Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.
 in the contents of this message which arise as a result of email transmission.
If verification is required please request a hard copy version.