[Mimedefang] Filtering usernames

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Fri Dec 15 16:45:31 EST 2006

--On Friday, December 15, 2006 8:23 PM +0100 Kees Theunissen
<theuniss at rijnh.nl> wrote:

> This code will do a namesever lookup for every local username
> that contains dots. You might not like that if you frequently
> use names or aliasses with dots. Mail will be delivered to the
> wrong person if a local.part resolves to a valid domain name
> for any of your users/aliases.

That's interesting-looking, but I'd tweak it to do the lookup in a specific
domain, and swap the order of the dotted names, so shiva.list1 becomes
list1.shiva.sendmail-aliases.sewingwitch.com. I could even put a wildcard
DNS record in there. :P