[Mimedefang] Image spam and broken file formats

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Tue Dec 5 16:38:13 EST 2006

--On Tuesday, December 05, 2006 9:34 AM -0500 "Cormack, Ken"
<ken.cormack at roadway.com> wrote:

> Some graphics programs for the MAC create images
> that djpeg was interpereting as being "corrupt".

Isn't djpeg based on the reference JPEG implementation? What could those
programs be doing that would irritate a reference implementation?

In principle, anything our web browsers and email clients can't recognize
should be treated as garbage, so perhaps whatever library they use can be
tweaked to do the job.