[Mimedefang] md is not the first relay

Jan-Pieter Cornet johnpc at xs4all.nl
Sun Dec 3 17:11:01 EST 2006

On Sun, Dec 03, 2006 at 09:55:34PM +0200, Yizhar Hurwitz wrote:
> >From: Jan-Pieter Cornet <johnpc at xs4all.nl>
> >Add the IP address of mailrelay1 (as seen by your mimedefang server)
> >to the trusted_networks config in spamassassin. See:
> >man Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf
>
> Yes, I think that this is exactly what I need.
> I did read about it before posting but didn't understand that it is what I'm
> looking for...
>
> Just to clarify again - does it mean that spamassassin on the
> mimedefang server will now start checking DNSBL against the ip of the
> relay that originated the email and sent it to mailrelay1 (This is
> what I want)?

Yes.

> I am now using it and is seems to do the job.
> I have also added the upstream mail relay to "internal_networks" for
> example:
>
> trusted_networks a.b.c.d
> internal_networks a.b.c.d
>
> This is what I understood from "man Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf" which is a bit
> confusing, for me at least.

You don't have to explicitly set internal_networks if it's the same
as trusted_networks. internal_networks is supposed to be all of your
MX hosts. trusted_networks may contain more than your MX hosts,
if there are other hosts that you trust not to forge headers
(eg: other mailservers you control, or that regularly forward
mail to you, operated by trusted third parties).

Does that make it clear?

--
Jan-Pieter Cornet <johnpc at xs4all.nl>
!! Disclamer: The addressee of this email is not the intended recipient. !!