[Mimedefang] md is not the first relay

Yizhar Hurwitz yizhar at mail.com
Sun Dec 3 14:55:34 EST 2006

HI.

I am reposting this message, because it didn't get through before,
so I'm sorry if you get it twice by accident.

=====
> From: Kees Theunissen <theuniss at rijnh.nl>
>
> Does the section "PRESERVING RELAY INFORMATION" from the
> mimedefang-filter(5) manpage help you?

No, it doesn't fit my situation because the upstream mail relay does not run
mimedefang and is not under my control.

=====
> From: Jan-Pieter Cornet <johnpc at xs4all.nl>
> Add the IP address of mailrelay1 (as seen by your mimedefang server)
> to the trusted_networks config in spamassassin. See:
> man Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf

Yes, I think that this is exactly what I need.
I did read about it before posting but didn't understand that it is what I'm
looking for...

Just to clarify again - does it mean that spamassassin on the mimedefang server
will now start checking DNSBL against the ip of the relay that originated the
email and sent it to mailrelay1 (This is what I want)?

I am now using it and is seems to do the job.
I have also added the upstream mail relay to "internal_networks" for example:

trusted_networks a.b.c.d
internal_networks a.b.c.d

This is what I understood from "man Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf" which is a bit
confusing, for me at least.

Hartstikke bedankt.

Yizhar Hurwitz,
http://yizhar.mvps.org