[Mimedefang] Issues w/ authenticated submission

Jan Pieter Cornet johnpc at xs4all.nl
Wed Apr 19 18:00:00 EDT 2006

On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 03:34:19PM -0600, Philip Prindeville wrote:
> But since I'm submitting on port 465 with authentication, and
> not on port 25... it doesn't make sense to make certain blanket
> tests that would be applied to all "outside" mail.

What I do in this case is make some tests optional on the port you
connect to, using:

if ( $SendmailMacros{"daemon_name"} =~ /SSL/ ) {
}

This requires you to put the names used in "DaemonPortOptions" in
your filter, but I guess that's not too bad.

daemon_name is even available at connect (and HELO) time, but won't
be read by mimedefang.c until envfrom...

--
Jan-Pieter Cornet <johnpc at xs4all.nl>
!! Disc lamer: The addressee of this email is not the intended recipient. !!