[Mimedefang] Issues w/ authenticated submission

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Wed Apr 19 17:34:19 EDT 2006

I've been thinking about this issue some more, and was
wondering...

Would it be easier to have to sendmail instances, one that
listens on 465 for authenticated email only, and then requeues
it locally by passing it onto the "primary" instance of sendmail,
which would apply mimedefang+spamassassin checks?

This would also be the port 25 listener, of course...

The problem is that I'm sending email from work on port 465,
and I'm seeing an SPF_FAIL, because the initial Received: line
from the client reflects my employer's domain...

But since I'm submitting on port 465 with authentication, and
not on port 25... it doesn't make sense to make certain blanket
tests that would be applied to all "outside" mail.

Right?

Am I losing it here?

-Philip