[Mimedefang] strange spam coming in

Fernando Gleiser fgleiser at cactus.fi.uba.ar
Tue Sep 20 15:58:35 EDT 2005

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com wrote:

> Fernando Gleiser wrote:
>> For some time now I'm getting some strange spam coming in. it is
>> an html text and an embedded image.
>> Does anyone have any pointers on what can I do to stop this crap?
>
> Yahoo Mail has an interesting solution - by default, images are not
> shown.  The user can make a choice to show images in the "View Message" page.

Thunderbird does the same. But this people use either bogus lotes or lookout
(two of my clients are reporting those spam)
Besides, that wouldn't solve the main problem, I want to stop them at the
gateway, because for the users the text alone is as annoying as the full
message with the image.

I'll dig into message's the html code to see if there's something I can use.

 		Fer