[Mimedefang] spamassassin and multiplexor

John Nemeth jnemeth at victoria.tc.ca
Fri Sep 16 15:17:08 EDT 2005

On Jan 1,  7:08pm, Steve Jordan wrote:
}
} I am using mimedefang 2.47 with spamassassin 3.0.1. I am running the
} multiplexor. The problem I am having is that when I call
} $SASpamTester->load_scoreonly_sql($user) and $user has no preferences,
} the default value of 5 for $req is not returned from spam_assassin_check,
} instead the $req for the previous $user is returned. I have worked around
} this temporarily by calling
} $SASpamTester->load_scoreonly_sql($fictional_account) where the fictional
} account has a $req of 5. Is there some way to reset $req to its default
} value of 5 in a better way? Is upgrading mimedefang/spamassassin needed?

     To create default entries in the MySQL database, use a username of
'@GLOBAL'.  I.e.:

mysql> select * from userpref where username = '@GLOBAL';
+----------+----------------+-------------------------+--------+
| username | preference     | value                   | prefid |
| @GLOBAL  | required_hits  | 5                       |      1 |
| @GLOBAL  | deletehits     | 20                      |    333 |
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

The 'deletehits' entry is handled by my filter to determine the default
value for tossing spam as opposed to just marking it.  SpamAssassin
will just ignore it.

}-- End of excerpt from Steve Jordan