[Mimedefang] filter by final recipient

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Fri Sep 16 09:10:52 EDT 2005

Here's a good one.  I am trying to think of a way to do stricter
filtering on mail going out to aol.com, but I need to catch it after
aliases and .forward files have been evaluated.  The problem is with
incoming mail that we redirect to aol.com by either of those means.

I think milter can see only the RCPT address.  Nonetheless maybe
Mimedefang could do the logic and insert a tag into X-Spam-Score,
and then we could put a rule into sendmail.cf to test for that tag
after the recipient has been resolved through aliases and .forward.

I have more questions than answers.  It's not immediately clear
where this would go in sendmail.cf or whether this method is a good
idea at all.  Any comments?

Joseph Brennan