[Mimedefang] MX -> 127.0.0.1

John Nemeth jnemeth at victoria.tc.ca
Tue Sep 13 09:37:35 EDT 2005

On Feb 3,  3:35am, "Kevin A. McGrail" wrote:
}
} Joseph Brennan was kind enough to share more code snippets with me which had
} predisposed me against a bounce.  BUT Joseph's code was originally done in
} filter_begin which led to my initial worry about reject/bounce vs discard.
}
} However, right now, I am thinking I should be able to do the invalid helo
} and invalid MX check in filter_sender since I have $sender and that's all I
} need.  If I reject in filter_sender, I haven't received the entire email yet
} and it isn't a very "costly" transaction.

     If you do the test in filter_sender() then a discard would
definitely be more expensive since that would force you to receive the
message; whereas with a reject you wouldn't even have to look at the
recipients much less receive the message.

}-- End of excerpt from "Kevin A. McGrail"