[Mimedefang] Spam with more than one recipient - reject or not?

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed Sep 7 12:15:37 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-07 at 10:57, WBrown at e1b.org wrote:

> > Effectively this is the same as setting sendmail's
> > MaxRecipientsPerMessage to 1, which is a little low.
> >

> http://www.sendmail.org/m4/tweaking_config.html#confMAX_RCPTS_PER_MESSAGE
>
> Now if ESMTP reported MaxRecipientsPerMessage on EHLO, and clients honored
> it, then the problem would be pretty much solved.  Mass mailer (legit or
> not) would need to buy (or steal in the case of zombies) alot more
> bandwidth, we would need a little more bandwidth, but per recipient
> filtering would be possible without accepting and resending, or some other
> kludge.

That sounds pretty extreme.  You might as well use qmail to send
everything...  You want to force everyone else to send single
copies of group messages just to save you the trouble of constructing
a bounce for the ones you decide not to accept - which if you
did graylisting would probably be very few anyway.

--
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com