[Mimedefang] Spam with more than one recipient - reject or not?

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Wed Sep 7 11:57:54 EDT 2005

mimedefang-bounces at lists.roaringpenguin.com wrote on 09/07/2005 11:26:14
AM:

> Effectively this is the same as setting sendmail's
> MaxRecipientsPerMessage to 1, which is a little low.

http://www.sendmail.org/m4/tweaking_config.html#confMAX_RCPTS_PER_MESSAGE

Now if ESMTP reported MaxRecipientsPerMessage on EHLO, and clients honored
it, then the problem would be pretty much solved.  Mass mailer (legit or
not) would need to buy (or steal in the case of zombies) alot more
bandwidth, we would need a little more bandwidth, but per recipient
filtering would be possible without accepting and resending, or some other
kludge.