[Mimedefang] OT: Email web form exploits

Chris Gauch cgauch at digicon.net
Wed Sep 7 09:36:54 EDT 2005

Our largest issue with these web form mail exploits is not really
spam-related (in terms of scripts causing our web servers to become spam
relays); our clients are receiving these fake forms (obviously generated by
a kiddie script) constantly throughout the day, and the script writer isn't
accomplishing the intended task (which is to spam some random AOL account).
The AOL account shows up in the form as the BCC, but shows up *only* as
text, as if it were part of the form.

Here's another example of a fake form that one of our clients received:

<snip>
City:  jeeukfllf at somedomain.com
Fax:  jeeukfllf at somedomain.com
Company:  jeeukfllf at somedomain.com