[Mimedefang] Re: exiting the filter before any processing

John Nemeth jnemeth at victoria.tc.ca
Tue Sep 6 22:12:35 EDT 2005

On Jan 27,  5:57pm, Rolf wrote:
}
} If $RelayAddr is the address of the ISP mail server then processing
} continues as usual. If, however, it is the address of the LAN mail
} server then spam, attachments, size, and so on that the filter checks
} are all to be ignored, but append_text_boilerplate() is to be applied.
} I can easily apply the boilerplate routine to the right msgs, but I
} can't find a simple way to ignore the rest of the processing for the
} same msg.

     In addition to what everybody else has said, I just have to point
out that this is dangerous.  At the very least, you should virus check
outgoing mail.  This will help to catch internal machines that get
viruses early on, and it will help prevent you from attacking others,
which will affect your reputation.

}-- End of excerpt from Rolf