[Mimedefang] Re: exiting the filter before any processing

Rolf rolf at ses.tas.gov.au
Tue Sep 6 21:09:07 EDT 2005

> > Thanks.  But I do want to do more processing. That's just the point.
> > Its like I want to say at each point 'if the mail is from <here> then
> > jump over the virus scanning bit" and likewise avoid the mimetype bit
> > and so on.
>
> That's exactly what you need to do.

Thank you.

> The supplied filter is just an example.  MIMEDefang
> admins are expected to modify it to suit local requirements.  But if
> you know Perl, it shouldn't take you more than a minute to make the
> changes

Yes, I only know basic perl, but given the supplied filter is so
suitable out-of-the-box and is perfectly easy to understand, I have
been able to modify it variously thus far.
I only asked in the first place in the hope that there was some
non-obvious way to get a specific, I would have thought common,
behaviour (mail travelling from the internet to the LAN is treated
differently from mail in the opposite direction).

Thank you very much for your help.

r.