[Mimedefang] Semi-OT: ClamAV Vulnerability

Nels Lindquist nlindq at maei.ca
Mon Nov 21 13:36:19 EST 2005

On 4 Nov 2005 at 15:38, David F. Skoll wrote:

> This one looks a bit nasty:
>
> http://lwn.net/Articles/158666/
>
> I'd upgrade to ClamAV 0.87.1 if you run Clam.

Another quick heads-up to anyone who's been relying on Dag Wieers'
repository for ClamAV updates--Dag's had some hardware issues and no
Internet access since early October, so the new clamav packages
haven't been rolled out yet, though I'm told he'll be back online as
of Wednesday.

In the meantime, it's pretty easy to download the 0.87.1 source and
build your own package based on the previous spec file.

----
Nels Lindquist <*>
Information Systems Manager
Morningstar Air Express Inc.