[Mimedefang] Semi-OT: ClamAV Vulnerability

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Mon Nov 21 15:57:27 EST 2005

--On Monday, November 21, 2005 11:36 AM -0700 Nels Lindquist
<nlindq at maei.ca> wrote:

> In the meantime, it's pretty easy to download the 0.87.1 source and
> build your own package based on the previous spec file.

You can also grab the one from Fedora Extras, but I don't think it's been
updated yet. Again, it's trivial to edit the spec file to use the updated
tarball.

The Extras package expects you to create a set of service files for the
clamd client (here, MIMEDefang). Ideally this would be done in a
sub-package, but it looks like the maintainer wants downstream users (eg.
mimedefang) to supply free-standing packages.

Additionally the Fedora wiki has a page for registered system uid's, and
defang is defined there. There's an Extras package for user management that
can be used from an Extras package to create any needed users in a block
separate from users and distro-supplied system uid's, and the Extras clamav
package uses it.