[Mimedefang] how to disable notify=success

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Thu Nov 17 12:59:30 EST 2005

Marco Berizzi wrote:
> Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:
>
>> You can also prevent requests for them to hit your users.  IMO, this
>> is good things, since return receipts are very handy way for
>> spammers to verify that an email address exists.
>>
>> To disable them on SMTP level, simply tell sendmail you want to
>> disable the feature.  Add noreceipts to confPRIVACY_FLAGS in
>> sendmail.mc and reubuild sendmail.cf from it.  For example:
>>
>> define(`confPRIVACY_FLAGS', `goaway,restrictqrun,noreceipts,noetrn')
>
> Is this a good thing to do? I was thinking to enable this setting.
> Thanks a lot to everybody for the feedback.

FWIW, I have this:

dnl Tighten down allowed options
dnl goaway = authwarnings, noexpn, novrfy, needmailhelo,
dnl          needmailhelo, needexpnhelo, needvrfyhelo
define(`confPRIVACY_FLAGS',`goaway,noreceipts,nobodyreturn')dnl

--
Matthew.van.Eerde (at) hbinc.com               805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com       Software Engineer