[Mimedefang] Bare returns in message body

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Nov 10 14:16:58 EST 2005

Tomasz Ostrowski wrote:

> It would be nice for mimedefang to follow this second approach -
> every message violating <crlf> should be converted before checking
> attachment names, using virus scanners or spamassassin and should be
> returned to sendmail also converted.

You can ensure that Sendmail and client software sees exactly what
MIMEDefang sees by calling action_rebuild().

The bigger question:  Do we want to convert bare LF and bare CR to
(the equivalent of) CRLF?  That is, treat CR, LF and CRLF as UNIX
line endings, so MIMEDefang sees them as LF, and when (if) we modify
the message bodies, we convert all the LFs to CRLF?