[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang with CLAMAV

MC lists at westiescum.com
Mon May 30 08:28:19 EDT 2005

Nauman Habib wrote:
> HI All
>
> can any one describe the best WAY to configure ClamAV with Mimedefang .
>
> Kindly - decribe any book by any writter - which can be helpul
>
> awaiting reply

Not sure about the best way.... but the way I've been doing it is just
installing it with defaults, editing the clamd.conf to point the socket
to the same place I keep my other sockets, and telling clamd to use the
same user as mimedefang.

You can then also setup the conf file with any other options that you
require.

Then I just have a cronjob to freshclam and make sure clamd starts on boot.

The configure script for defang should pickup your clamav installation
if all went to plan, and that should be it.

Seems to work well, probably not the best.. but it works ;)