[Mimedefang] Best Way to Install and configure MIMEDefang

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Thu May 26 09:42:08 EDT 2005

mimedefang-bounces at lists.roaringpenguin.com wrote on 05/25/2005 05:07:06
PM:

> Hi All,
>
> Can Any one - lead me to the Best book for MIMEDefang

Check out the howto linked from the MIMEDefang page.  That will get you
going.  It helped me get MIMEDefang running! (Thanks Mickey for writing
it!)

> >From where i can undestand its Working and Functions in detail .

Doesn't provide too much detail on the inner workings of it,  reading the
source code will give you the best understanding of that.

> Furhter - Is it necessuary to Run any Antivirus wid it ?
>                If Yes - which one is best recommended?

I've always liked stopping the problems as soon as possible.  In this
case, running antivirus at the first possible opprotunity.  I use Clam AV
on my spam filters because it is free and very good.  The target servers
are a mix of Lotus Domino, Exchange, First Class and recently a Novell
Netmail system.  Lotus, and M$ have addins that can do antivirus.
Firstclass has only recently added that capabillity.  I have no info on
whether Netmail can support virus scanning for mail.  By doing it at the
spam filter, I protect all of them with at least a first layer of
scanning.