[Mimedefang] FTC asks ISPs to crack down on zombie PCs

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Wed May 25 14:06:50 EDT 2005

--On Wednesday, May 25, 2005 1:35 PM -0400 James Ebright
<jebright at esisnet.com> wrote:

> We unblock port 25 for _static_ IP customers that request it, but we also
> swip their netblocks to them so those potential complaints dont come back
> to us anyway if that static customer did have a spam/virus/etc related
> issue :-)

What premium do you charge for that? (I wouldn't mind 5%, but 100% is way
too much.)

Unfortunately I'm located where I can only get cable as the telco CO is too
far away for DSL. (Otherwise I could get Speakeasy, which has always been
server-friendly and alternative-OS-friendly.)