[Mimedefang] FTC asks ISPs to crack down on zombie PCs

James Ebright jebright at esisnet.com
Wed May 25 13:42:41 EDT 2005

On Wed, 25 May 2005 10:13:55 -0700, Kenneth Porter wrote

> Remember that "server" is not the same as "direct to MX" delivery. A
> server to one's LAN can still be set up as only a client to the rest
> of the Internet. This is pretty convenient for DNS and mail.

Oh, let me clarify, by relay ALL mail I meant relay ALL OUTGOING email, local
deliveries need to be relayed and incoming deliveries would not be affected by
an ISP blocking port 25 outbound. (but mx via dynamic dns.... sounds risky if
you require email to do business).

Jim

--
EsisNet.com Webmail Client