[Mimedefang] Installing on FreeBSD

Martin Blapp mb at imp.ch
Wed May 4 02:39:50 EDT 2005

Hi,

> ===>   Generating temporary packing list
> [: based: unexpected operator
> -e: not found
> *** Error code 127
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/mail/mimedefang.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/mail/mimedefang.
>
> I  can see the perl modules (including spamassassin) when I do a pkg_info -a
> now. But mimedefang isn't in there (probably because the make install
> failed). I do have /var/spool/MIMEDefang and /var/spool/MD-Quarantine and
> /usr/local/etc/mimedefang/mimedefang-filter so mimedefang is at least
> partially installed. I doubt it's installed enough to be actually working
> though since the make install failed and it does not show up in pkg_info -a.
>
> Any ideas on how to fix the make install for mimedefang?

This is getting complicated ... Have you ever updated a freebsd system ?

Looks like your port collection is not up to date. Install the package cvsup
(the package, not the port). To do that type 'sysinstall', go to 'Configure',
'Packages'. If you have installed from cd, enter that cd. Under 'devel' you'll
find a tool called 'cvsup-without-gui'. Install this one.

After that, upgrade your system to FreeBSD 4.11, please read the handbook
how to do that. The upgrade the ports collection with cvsup too.

After that go to '/usr/ports/sysutils/portupgrade', do a 'make install'.

Now you can just do a

portupgrade mimedefang, and everything needed should be updated now.

Martin