[Mimedefang] new mimedefang and antivirus errors

Troy R. LeBouef troy at lebouef.com
Wed Mar 16 09:13:25 EST 2005

I am currently trying to upgrade mimedefang and SA to the latest version and am having troubles with the new mimedefang script. Mimedefang Version 2.51 and SA 3.02. On red-had 8.

When I try using the new script that comes with Mimedefang I start getting virus scan errors.

Mar 15 23:15:27 ns1 sendmail[2545]: j2G5FQt9002545: --- 451 4.3.0 Problem running virus-scanner (hold)

Anyone have an idea why this is the antivirus I have been running runs with the old script just fine and by it self ?? I am using f-prot.

Thanks in advance,
Troy