[Mimedefang] Thought I should share this - Reduced Junk traffic with md_check_against_smtp_server

Larry Starr larrys at fullcompass.com
Fri Mar 11 14:30:47 EST 2005

Having received requests, off list, for my solution, I'm posting it for
whoever want's it
Note:
1.   "<my internal server>" - should be the name of the machine that your are
relaying for i.e. "internalserver.mydomain.com"
2.   The RE for setting $relay "mshould be your mail domain "mydom.com
      should, of course be your domain "\bmydomain\.com\b"
3.    "myfqdn"  should be the name of the server running mimedefang
	i.e "mail.mydomain.com"

Hope this helps someone.

  sub filter_recipient
  {
        my($recip, $sender, $ip, $host, $first, $helo,
                $rcpt_mailer, $rcpt_host, $rcpt_addr) = @_;

        my $relay = undef;
        $relay = "<my internal server>" if ($recip =~ /\bmydom\.com\b/);
        if ($relay)
        {
                return md_check_against_smtp_server($sender, $recip,
                        "myfqdn", $relay);
        }

        return('CONTINUE', "OK");  # accept recipient if dont find relay
  }

Larry G. Starr - larrys at fullcompass.com or starrl at globaldialog.com
Software Engineer: Full Compass Systems LTD.
Phone: 608-831-7330 x 1347  FAX: 608-831-6330