[Mimedefang] MD through tcp socket

hans hm04 hm04.yer at ma.yer.at
Sat Mar 5 12:19:17 EST 2005

hi Murat

look for socat ( i took socat-1.4.0.3.tar from sf.net )
socat reads from a tcp-port and writes to a socket
and vice versa.

here my configs example all running on ultrasparc with solaris 9:
sendmail:
INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`mimedefang', `S=inet:19025 at otherhost, F=T, T=S:60s;R:60s;E:5m')
md on "otherhost" acts with /var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock
and running socat with
socat TCP-LISTEN:19025,fork UNIX:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock
just befor starting md. i did modify the start-script - also stop the socat proc.

this works perfectly for me since last year.

Have a nice day.

best regards
hans