[Mimedefang] MD through tcp socket

Murat murat.isik at megatek.com.tr
Wed Mar 2 18:02:33 EST 2005

Hello,

I have a FC3 mail server running MD 2.51. Recently some more tasks were integrated into
the server, and it has a hard time running mails properly. A hardware upgrade is close
but until then I want to run MD on a seperat box and get sendmail to talk to MD through
tcp socket. I know it is not the best performance solution but it is the only option I
have, so I will be very glad if you help.

I have searched the mail archives and found this:

mimedefang -p inet:888

I tried to add it to /etc/sysconfig/mimedefang in the new MD box as:

MD_EXTRA="-p inet:1000" (choice of tcp port 1000 is totaly random)

It didnot work. How can I get MD to accept connections from a tcp socket and get
sendmail to deliver requests to that tcp socket?

Have a nice day.

Murat Isik