[Mimedefang] Re: Anti-virus software

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Wed Mar 2 17:34:22 EST 2005

--On Wednesday, March 02, 2005 4:29 PM -0500 James Ebright
<jebright at esisnet.com> wrote:

> On several networks we maintain we advocate (and have gotten great
> results) placing Firefox on the desktop where windows is required,
> setting up a slightly customized users.js file to add pipelining and a
> few other security and speed related tweaks. Then you simply make Firefox
> the default, make sure IE is setup not to check who is default and use
> the policy editor to remove the IE icons from a normal users menu options
> and desktop and prevent them from running it if need be.

I just saw this discussed elsewhere, maybe SlashDot, and one admin applies
the IE skin to Firefox so users don't get upset because "it looks
different". (The owners of my company are Mozilla/Firefox fans and have no
love for the MS "legs in the air" approach to security. They push Moz to
our customers every chance they get.)