[Mimedefang] Re: Anti-virus software

James Ebright jebright at esisnet.com
Wed Mar 2 16:29:57 EST 2005

On several networks we maintain we advocate (and have gotten great results)
placing Firefox on the desktop where windows is required, setting up a
slightly customized users.js file to add pipelining and a few other security
and speed related tweaks. Then you simply make Firefox the default, make sure
IE is setup not to check who is default and use the policy editor to remove
the IE icons from a normal users menu options and desktop and prevent them
from running it if need be.

With the Select User Agent extension for normal users they will never need
another browser, even for banking.

For admins you need to keep IE around simply because of windows update...

Firefox will effectively eliminate 99% of the malware driveby installs/popups
from ever happening. And... it is ALOT faster too.

Jim

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 14:43:26 -0500, Chris Gauch wrote

--
EsisNet.com Webmail Client