[Mimedefang] Beware of Pyzor: false positives

Administrador DyR systemlogs at dyr.es
Wed Mar 2 05:16:55 EST 2005

Hi all.

Yesterday I upgraded our systems for using SA 3.0.2 and MIMEDefang
2.51.

I managed to make SPF and SURBL work! :-D
I also upgraded some other anti-spam software, such as Razor2 and Pyzor.

My surprise was that there are a lot of false positives in Pyzor
database. For example: an empty HTML message body, with an Word file
attachment, is tagged as Spam by this system.

And the main problem is that I cannot do anything for it not to tag this
kind of message as spam, as I don't have a user account in pyzor server
for notify or whitelist ham-mail messages, and I can't even know how to
get one.

I have just disconnected pyzor rules from SpamAssassin, as this is not
an open and collaborative system, and it's plenty of false positives!

Greetings.

--
David Marin Carreño <dmarin at dyr.es>
Desarrollo y Recursos, S.L.