[Mimedefang] interaction between sendmail 'access' check and MdF's milter checks

Kelson kelson at speed.net
Fri Jun 10 12:29:33 EDT 2005

Gary Funck wrote:
> On our system we've enabled FEATURE(`delay_checks', `friend').
>
> So, what I don't get, is why the IP address isn't getting bounced with the
> access.db check.  Do milter checks override the access.db mechanism?

Delay_checks delays the relay check until after the sender/recipient
check.  If you've got something in filter_recipient or filter_sender
that accepts the mail, it won't make it as far as the relay check in
access.db.  I'm not sure whether Sendmail will do its own relay checks
first or the milter relay checks, so you might need to check
filter_relay too.

--
Kelson Vibber