[Mimedefang]local socket name/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock'unsafe

John Nemeth jnemeth at victoria.tc.ca
Thu Jun 9 02:42:34 EDT 2005

On Oct 25,  5:00pm, Rob MacGregor wrote:
} On 04/06/05, Nauman Habib <nauman at worldcall.net.pk> wrote:
} >
} > I setted up a Mail server 2 days ago . It is sending and receving mails with
} > out any problem , but it seams that MIMEDefang is not working at all - Mail
} > log return these errors :
} >
} > Milter (mimedefang): local socket name
} > /var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock'unsafe
} > Milter (mimedefang): to error state
} >
} > AnY Idea ?
}
} I'd strongly advise a trawl of the archive, where this has been
} discussed more than once.
}
} The short answer is that you've a permissions issue.

     Short answers are often incomplete.  It should be noted that you
will also get this error if the socket doesn't exist (i.e. MIMEDefang
has crashed, isn't ready, etc.).

}-- End of excerpt from Rob MacGregor