[Mimedefang] (no subject)

Richard Whelan richard.whelan at pipex.net
Wed Jun 8 09:56:53 EDT 2005

Hi Matt,

Firstly, apologies for not having a subject line. I managed to send it
before adding one.

Snip

> I would hazzard a guess your mimedefang init script has
> MX_EMBED_PERL=yes  and as the error states you have compiled
> mimedefang w/o embedded perl support.  Either set MX_EMBED_PERL =no
> or recompile mimedefang.  In any case I believe mimedefang just
> resorts to running without embeded perl as the message indicates.

Yes I do have it enabled in the init script. It's the same init script that
was running under 2.51, which doesn't complain at all.

All I'm specifying on the command line is configure, which was all I had
done with 2.51.

> If you believe you have indeed compiled w/embeded perl support, then I
> would suggest you give us more particulars on your system, such as OS,
> how & where you got mimedefang and installed it, etc.

I'm running on Solaris 2.9, with Sendmail 8.13.4, Spamassassin 3.0.3. I
pulled MD from http://www.mimedefang.org/node.php?id=1, the location
specified in David's announcement email last week.

As I said before, if I use the original 2.51 it works fine.

Cheers,

Richard