[Mimedefang] Reject Spam instead of tag it

James Ebright jebright at esisnet.com
Wed Jul 13 14:35:36 EDT 2005

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 09:32:05 -0700 (PDT), Curtis wrote
> James,
>
> The person asked about deleting the message without
> taking any action. Rejecting the message will cause a
> large number of messages to the postmaster from the
> forged addresses used in the spam messages. If you
> just want to throw it away, use action_discard.

Umm.. no, they specifically asked to REJECT it instead of tag it... regardless
once you have accepted the mail it is a violation of rfc2128 to not deliver it
I believe. The only things considered "kosher" to discard by most admins are
viruses and DOS/MailBomb type attacks though honestly I'd rather never accept
the latter in the first place and would stop it at the network edge if possible.

Jim

--
EsisNet.com Webmail Client