[Mimedefang] Reject Spam instead of tag it

Jim Hatfield subscriber at insignia.com
Wed Jul 13 06:52:47 EDT 2005

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 23:57:00 +0100, in local.mimedefang you wrote:

>I've installed Spam Assassin and MIMEDefang with Sendmail and everything
>
>is working well.  However I would like Spam Assassin to tell Sendmail to
>
>"Reject" Spam on the connection.  Instead of accepting the spam and
>marking it so users then can filter on the spam tag.  Can Anyone share
>in on how to tell MIMEDefang Filter to do this.

We have a little db file with a per-recipient threshold score.

For each recipient in the message, if the score is above
that recipient's threshold, the recipient is removed from
the list. If there are any left after this, the mail is
marked up and let through, else it is rejected.

Most people seem to like a threshold of about 10.0, but
we use 5.0 for recipients like sales@ (ie the same as
the SpamAssassin main threshold).

Jim