[Mimedefang] Reject Spam instead of tag it

Jamie Pratt jpratt at norwich.edu
Thu Jul 14 10:30:12 EDT 2005

...regarding the rfc 2821 delivery specs etc... (Yes, he is correct -
mail accepted for delivery should be delivered according to that RFC.)

So... Question... If I am "accepting mail", and redirecting *only* SPAM
to a local system account on a relay, instead of the original recips
(Noone there wants ANY spam, they WANT it deleted/gone, and NOT
tagged...), does this violate the RFC? I would say technically, no, as
the mail *does* get delivered, just not to the original recips it was
intended for. Would this be considered non-RFC compliant ? hmmmm....

Personally, I think the IETF, or *whoever* it was  who writes/maintains
(???) the RFC's were/are a bit too opinionated - every site is totally
different these days, and has different policies on everything, so by
nature they will never be followed the same by all sites..)

regards,
jamie