[Mimedefang] Reject Spam instead of tag it

Kelson kelson at speed.net
Tue Jul 12 20:59:22 EDT 2005

Sean Murphy wrote:
> I've installed Spam Assassin and MIMEDefang with Sendmail and everything
> is working well.  However I would like Spam Assassin to tell Sendmail to
> "Reject" Spam on the connection.  Instead of accepting the spam and
> marking it so users then can filter on the spam tag.  Can Anyone share
> in on how to tell MIMEDefang Filter to do this.

In filter_end, check the results from spamassassin and call
action_bounce accordingly.  Despite its name, it actually tells Sendmail
to issue an SMTP reject -- exactly what you want to do.

Note that if you use the stream_by_* functions or if you have another
server handing incoming mail to the MIMEDefang server, you will be stuck
generating bounce notices, most of which will end up going to forged
senders.

--
Kelson Vibber