[Mimedefang] Blatent spam getting X-Spam-Score: 0 ()

Steffen Kaiser skmimedefang at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de
Fri Jul 8 09:08:35 EDT 2005

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005, Bill Curtis wrote:

> Here is the header of a message that shows X-Spam-Score: 0.  I'm curious if
> a spammer
> could have put this there to get mimedefang to skip it.  I know that my

I've seen these headers, too; but it wouldn't a good mail filter to honor
alien headers, would it? Unless you coded it, MIMEDefang has no interest
in these headers.

I suppose those headers are there to trick MUAs, that are configured to
normally be used in conjunction with a filter, that tags mail, and a
second one that does not. Consider somebody who pulls private mail from
some provider and bussiness mail from the firm's server. If latter is
running anti-spam ware and tags the mails, but the provider does not.

Bye,

--
Steffen Kaiser